Thursday, April 24, 2008

dreams? I know i had them


Its National Bring you Kid to Work Day, how awesome. In addition to all the regular work related crap I must now deal with a bunch of snot faced kids running around me all day. It has its perks though, in fact I've already taught the bosses daughter a new word or two. Beyond disrupting my usual lazy day of avoiding work the kids have added an extra level of depression to this gig. I remember a time of ignorant bliss, when I thought I'd grow up and become a racecar driver or a zillionaire playboy. Childhood is full of such fantasy's: the Easter bunny, Santa, tooth fairy, Disney land. Dream big kids, life is what you make it...the hell it is. If life was what you made it then every single person I talk to on the phone needs to retake the lesson: Life Construction Building & Practices 101, and I'll be right behind them. It's gotta be a wake up call on these impressionable minds that "wow mommy and daddy sit at their desks all day with a headset and call losers...doesn't sound much like the hero I had in mind". I feel like going up to every one of these kids still somewhat enjoying their day and just destroy all the hope they still hold dear. "Hey, whats your name? What do you want to be when you grow up? Really...well listen I'm just gonna be honest with you...it'll never happen, in fact you should prolly give up on just about all your dreams and start figuring out how to lie and bs your way through a corporate workforce...being popular and learning how to control a group of others and how they perceive you is really all that matters...figure out how to pass others hard work off as your own". If I could just make one of these kids cry tears of joyful truth then I will feel like I have changed a life for the better...ironically that's part of my job description anyway. Your welcome world, the dose of reality monkey cages always lack.

No comments: