Tuesday, April 22, 2008

HR Issue


Given a view about corporate life in general it's important to realize that as the company gets bigger and the personalities more diverse lawsuits can happen, just is the reason for HR and programs such as MySafeWorkplace. When used correctly this can take up an amazing amount of managers time dealing with all the BS a typical work environment produces. Case in point, an employee with equal status to me has been here longer and is substantially older. He is seen a tenured rep, or in my book a KoolAid for Life Drinker(KALD). Consequently he does his job in the eyes of our boss pretty well and is suppose to help me grow as an employee. Since I don't particularly enjoy our growth meetings I try and keep them a short as possible which seems to offend the poor KALD; he takes the issue up with our manager who then sends me an email and follows up with a brief "did you see my point in the email about your growth?". Yes I saw the email, and I'm growing just fine...growing to hate you all.

No comments: